Frequently Asked Questions
Because SpaBath can’t be compared to other bathing systems, we get questions all the time about such a full-functioned, superior product. Listed below are some of the more common questions we get about SpaBath.
What is so unique about SpaBath?
- SpaBath is the only bathing system with a full-width side-opening providing the safest and easiest access for all – including those with limited mobility.
- Our patented, power-operated, roll-door design – with SpaBath Roll-Door® Technology, our door rolls underneath and out of the way, seals and locks with the touch of a button.
- SpaBath’s comfortable, contoured, semi-reclined seat with built-in lumbar support provides for safe, relaxed bathing in a normal seated position.
- Full-immersion capability while sitting comfortably, without having to slump down or hunch into an abnormal position.
- Simple touch pad operation with easily recognized icons and LED indicators for all tub operating functions – power door, sealing, drain, spa system and therapy.
- SpaBath’s over-sized, air inflatable drain provides rapid draining (approximately 1 minute) and closure with the push of a button.
- Complete bathing, showering and deluxe therapeutic spa capability including aroma therapy and Chromatherapy.
- Aesthetically pleasing, patented, personal spa design that will enhance any bathroom decor.
What safety features does SpaBath have?
- Our full-width opening and standard height seat design eliminates the need to step over a threshold to enter tub.
- SpaBath’s design allows tub entry by sitting sideways on the seat and pivoting into a safe and comfortable semi-reclined position.
- Entry and exit happens on a dry floor outside tub instead of on a slippery surface inside the tub.
- SpaBath’s Roll-Door® concept positions the door under the tub eliminating the need for a swing door which can create a hazardous situation when entering or exiting the tub.
- SpaBath uses a high quality temperature control valve that can be preset to desired temperature to maintain proper bathing water temperature.
- In the event of a power outage, SpaBath comes with a battery back-up keeping the tub controls fully functional allowing the tub to remain sealed until all water is drained.
- SpaBath includes a anti-jam door sensor that immediately stops power door movement if any object interferes.
- In the unlikely event of a medical emergency while someone is in the tub, there is an emergency release that will allow the tub to drain rapidly so medical attention can be provided.
- SpaBath has been tested by CSA/UL and meets or exceeds all North American plumbing and electrical standards.
Is the SpaBath tested and proven in the market?
- SpaBath’s dual inflatable seals have been successfully life-cycle tested through 40,000+ cycles (a life-time of normal usage).
- There are thousands of SpaBath Roll-Door® tubs that have been installed and in use world-wide over the past 22 years.
- SpaBath Roll-Door® and related power components have been successfully life-cycle tested through 5,000+ cycles (a life-time of normal usage).
Should I worry about water leakage in my SpaBath?
- SpaBath’s electronic water level sensing system prevents seals from being released with water in the tub.
- SpaBath has two separately operated inflatable seals that are inflated and deflated independently assuring water retention until the oversized drain is opened, all water is out of the tub and both the primary and secondary seals are released.
How is the SpaBath installed? How long does it take?
- SpaBath installs in the same space as a standard tub.
- Water and electrical service is installed before the tub is set in place preventing damage to tub during installation.
- Built-in nailing flanges provide positive securing and sealing between the tub and walls.
- Most all installations can be done in one day.